1 : proceeding from natural feeling or native tendency without external constraint
2 : arising from a momentary impulse
3 : controlled and directed internally : self-acting <spontaneous movement characteristic of living things>
4 : produced without being planted or without human labor : indigenous
5 : developing or occurring without apparent external influence, force, cause, or treatment
6 : not apparently contrived or manipulated : natural
2 : arising from a momentary impulse
3 : controlled and directed internally : self-acting <spontaneous movement characteristic of living things>
4 : produced without being planted or without human labor : indigenous
5 : developing or occurring without apparent external influence, force, cause, or treatment
6 : not apparently contrived or manipulated : natural
My wife is always complaining about my lack of spontaneity. I like a plan and hate to deviate from it.
One day I decided to be spontaneous, so I stopped on the way home and got some flowers and a card. I planned to arrive home and announce that we were going out to dinner.
As I drove home, I imagined the thrill of my wife's voice at this idea. I arrive at home with the flowers and proceed to announce my dinner plans still riding the enthusiasm of my idea. So much for a great idea.
As my wife so eloquently informed me, " The next time you plan to be spontaneous, you need to let me know ahead of time."

No comments:
Post a Comment